We are proud once again to have received a Red 5 Star rating in the 2021 Halliday Wine Companion.
The highest rated wine was the 2017 McLaren Vale Shiraz at a score of 97 Points and was included in the Best of the Best by Variety, a huge badge of honour for our Flagship Wine.
This year we had 10 wines included in with a score of 90+, which are listed below:
2017 McLaren Vale Shiraz 97 Points + Best of the Best by Variety
- “This is the distilled essence of McLaren Vale: full-bodied black fruits, dark chocolate, licorice and tar – and then a superb juicy finish that demands the next mouthful be tasted forthwith. Tannins and oak lend appropriate support.” James Halliday
2012 The Chap Shiraz/Cabernet 95 Points
- “This, says Ben Riggs, is ‘my icon wine’, a blend of 55% McLaren Vale shiraz and 45% Coonawarra cabernet sauvignon, the parcels open-fermented and kept separate for 2 years in oak (80% French, 20% American, 35% new), a barrel selection made 3 months before bottling. This is unashamedly full-bodied, and needs another 10 years for the rich black fruits and ripe tannins to soften and fully mesh.” James Halliday
2018 Outpost Cabernet 93 Points
- “Good quality Coonawarra cabernet here at a fairly moderate price. Right in the groove for varietal and regional style, packed with aromas and flavours of Ribena-like blackcurrant and mulberry and a touch of green leaf and herb in the mix as well. It’s medium \-bodied, supple and well structured with fine, ripe tannins that linger on the finish. Enjoyable drinking.” Steven Creber
2019 Mr. Brightside Grenache Rose 93 Points
- “Catches the eye with its bright, glowing pink colour in the glass. Strawberry-like aromas as a first impression with the perfumed character of the variety also evident. Fresh and bright on the palate, light on its feet too, with juicy but dry red-fruited flavours and acidity that feels entirely natural. A skilfully made and eminently drinkable wine.” Steven Creber
2018 Piebald Syrah 92 Points
- “A fragrant and elegant shiraz reflecting all one can hope for with the Adelaide Hills hiding so many faces. This is a medium to full-bodied shiraz in a generous cross-ply of oak.” James Halliday.
2018 Yacca Paddock Tempranillo 91 Points
- “It’s a good tempranillo that ticks all the boxes, texture 50% of the story, red and purple fruits the other 50%. Right in the now or later camp.” James Halliday
2019 Watervale Riesling 90 Points
- “A solid offering without hitting the high notes. You can tick most of the regional/varietal boxes you’d expect, with aromas of lemon and lime and some floral notes, and a dry palate featuring citrus flavours and slatey acidity.” Steven Creber
2019 Mr. Brightside Pinot Gris 90 Points
2019 Mr. Brightside Preservative Free Shiraz 90 Points
2017 Mr. Brightside Eurotrash 90 Points
Time now for a glass to celebrate.